This work outfit is inspired by my mom's Makati corporate get-ups circa 1985-1989. (Really! All I'm missing are her teased tidal wave bangs and a gnarly, crunchy perm.)
- Batwing sleeve sweater (Forever 21). These are a great example of 80s batwings; the one I'm wearing is more refined but no less fun!
- Pencil skirt (Forever 21).
- Sharp statement necklace. (Also Forever 21. Hehe. That's why I shop there!) Actually a lot of my mom's 80s costume jewelry were actually wooden beads or resin and kind of colorful and chunky, like this. I wanted something sharper though.
- Slim belt (SM). To define the waist, discreetly!
- Hose (SM) and pumps (B Club). Stockings were super important in the '80s for some reason; my mom wore them everyday - even nude hose. I do hope those don't make a comeback (very SM saleslady peg) but dark, opaque stockings, like this gray pair, is a great way to pull a look together.
So what do you think? If you can dress in one decade's style, which decade would that be?