Hi Mudra, I've reading your blog since I've spent much of my time searching for a plus store. I've been to divisoria last saturday and unfortunately I didn't find anything to buy. Can you please help me find a plus size store that fits me? I maybe a size xl-xxl. Many things and godbless.
HALLO-AH!!Let me just say, I feel you on the Divisoria shopping fail. Even in my early 20s, when I weighed around 136lbs, I had a hard time finding stuff I liked that fit me in Divisoria. That's not to say there are no plus size options in tiangges and bazaars; just that they're so few and hard to find. I recommend a lot of patient searching! I recently found great stuff at the Market Market Fashion Market, but yes, it took a loooong time and a little luck. My friend's sister was also able to find 4XL clothes at St. Francis Square but since the stalls don't have signs, you'll need to ask around.
|Market Market Fashion Market. Find D'Girl Boutique and Anne Juleth!|
- Moda Plus at the Landmark Department Store (TriNoMa and Makati). I got two size 36 office pants from here!
- SM plus size section. The Jus Ur Size label has some really cute items!
- There's supposed to be a number of plus size clothing stores at the top floor of 168, but I haven't been there in a long time so I can't confirm.
- Tubby. I wasn't very happy with the pants I got here, but another friend swears by them, so it really depends on your body type. :)
- Branded for Less (Alabang Town Center, South Station 2nd floor tiangge, not sure where other branches are) and SM Surplus Shop (all SM malls) outlet stores. These carry export overruns from US labels such as Gap, Anne Taylor, Limited and Express, which can go up to size 14/3XL. Nice dresses and tops for 500-800 pesos.
- Zalora Philippines currently has more than 230 plus size options like this Collective.com Rae skirt (only P595). If it doesn't fit, they have a 30-day return policy so you can exchange it for another item. Plus if you use the voucher code KatAtienza0 you get an additonal 5% off.
- A lot of plus size bloggers also swear by Erzullie for their fierce designs! They will be at the Global Pinoy bazaar, Rockwell Tent, Powerplant Mall, Makati City on November 10-11, 2012 so it's a chance to check them out.
- Check out my Where I Shop posts and this post about Shopping options in North Manila.
So there you go!! Hope this helps you and do let me know how your shopping trip went. MWAH!!